iKapa Energy was established after it started to design, develop and mobilise the funding and finance for the following projects with various technical, financial, legal, regulatory & economic development project associates:
• Gas Trading > iKapa Gas Trade Co
- We have been in discussions with various potential gas suppliers, investors, regulatory authorities and buyers since early 2014.
• Gas Transport > iKapa Gas Transport Co
- We have been in discussions with various potential gas transport logistics suppliers, investors and regulatory authorities since early 2013.
• Gas To Power > iKapa Power (Pty) Ltd
- iKapa Energy has been in discussions with various Gas-fired Power Generation Facility original equipment manufacturers (OEM); engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) contractors; operations & maintenance (O&M) providers, besides other investors with both technical and financial capabilities and the relevant regulatory authorities since early 2014.
- iKapa Energy has secured land rights options or legitimate interests in 4 (four) Project Properties in Saldanha Bay, Atlantis and Coega. Three (3) of these Project Properties are already undergoing Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) with some at the Final Scoping Report stage already.
- iKapa Energy responded to (i) the GTPP Request for Information (RFI) in July 2015, (ii) has analysed and commented on the GTPP Project Information Memorandum (PIM), released in October 2016; and now awaits the release of (iii) the GTPP Request for Qualifications (RFQ), which was expected by March 2017; and (iv) the GTPP Request for Proposals (RFP), which was expected in April-June 2017, but remain subject to the finalisation of the Updated IRP which is expected for promulgation by Q1 FY19/20 (the 1st quarter of the 2019 / 2020 financial year).
• Biofuels Manufacturing
- iKapa Energy and its associates have been in discussions with various suppliers of Biofuels feedstock and manufacturing facility original equipment manufacturers (OEM); engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) contractors; operations & maintenance (O&M) providers, besides other investors with both technical and financial capabilities and the relevant regulatory authorities since early 2014.
- It is understood that the Department of Energy has put the publication of the finalised regulatory, legal and fiscal framework on hold due to the present drought in South Africa.
* Project Bankability
* Further Project Information
Further project information is available upon request and subject to the signing of a mutual non-disclosure, non-circumvent agreement at the sole discretion of the directors of iKapa Energy (Pty) Ltd with selected enquirers.