“iKapa” is the isi-Xhosa word for “Cape”.
Our Core Business
- Aligning the commercial interests of our projects and our associates with that of our communal, local, provincial, national and multi-national stakeholders through compliance, risk mitigation and good governance. more…
- Forging commercial partnerships to maximise our competitiveness by offering various energy goods and services to various buyers on a value for money basis, whilst maximizing returns to investors. more…
- Forging public-private partnerships (PPPs) that contribute to sustainable socio-economic development and security of energy supply through project delivery. more…
MORE ABOUT US
- iKapa Energy is a Project Development Company that partners with various Technical, Financial, Legal, Regulatory & Economic Development subject matter experts (SMEs) on a project-for-project basis, and often forms Project Development Teams to advise on and/or design & develop Energy Projects under highly-investible project-specific entities, such as Special Purpose Vehicles and Joint Ventures.
- iKapa Energy leverages its extensive network of domestic & international relationships to finance, construct, operate & maintain Energy Projects in collaboration with Transaction Advisors; Owner’s Engineers; Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suppliers; Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication & Construction (EPFC) contractors; Operations & Maintenance (O&M) providers; Commercial Financiers & Development Finance Institutions (DFI) who provide grant, equity, debt & mezzanine funding; Social / Community partners; and Investors, including early-stage and strategic equity partners.
- Besides the collective knowledge, experience & qualifications of its directors & core advisors, iKapa Energy forms Project Delivery Teams with its Project Associates to harness their collective capability & capacity through Cohesive Strategic Planning & Project Management for each project to comply with, compete in and contribute to the demands of a highly-regulated and rapidly transforming energy sector, with a particular focus on the Cape region of South Africa, historically known as the Cape of Good Hope and now known as the provinces of the Western Cape, Northern Cape and Eastern Cape.